thoughts I’ve had in shanghai:
- you are always stepping in someone’s spit. the only difference is whether it’s fresh or dried.
- guanxi IS everything. also, how you dress and your attitude affects how people (sales assistants) treat you.
- saying “thank you” nicely when people tell you directions makes them awkward. (Why??)
- walking through certain streets and in certain hotels, it really feels like the 1930s.
- beggars and aggressive street sales people scare me. but I have a protective equipment called my bitch face.
- why china so many people?!!??!!
duck blood tang hoon 鸭血粉丝 best weirdass food ever.
also, I’ve been nothing but a leech in china so far. chinese hospitality is the best but it feels really uncomfortable when everyone pays for everything!!! awkz….
Didn’t think I was picky about travel but omg toilets and clean decent hotels matter so much to me that I give a silent victory whoop when I find a toilet that isn’t a squatting one. China wins hands down for some of the world’s grossest toilets.